POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Powder? : Powder? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Powder?
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 3 Oct 2002 12:56:07
Message: <3d9c76a7@news.povray.org>
Does anyone out there have any bright ideas about how to make a pile of
powder? I can make a pile shape, but how do you make it look "powdery"? I'm
looking for something amorphus, like flour.

So far, the best thing I can come up with is an isosurface featuring the
basic shape x^2 + y^2 - z (is that a parabola or a hyperbola? I always get
those confused!) plus a little bit of f_wrinkles(x, y, z), which works
suprisingly well (with a fairly matt finish{} block). Can anyone else do
better? (My isosurface requires max_gradient 60, which isn't too bad I
guess...)

Oh, and later in the scene I might need some crystalline powder - hopefully
that should be easier... (Any ideas folks?)

Thanks!
Andrew.